March 4th, 2013
Making sure your home’s air conditioning system is prepared for the high temperatures here in Arizona is essential to your comfort. As we all know, the hottest months here can bring temperatures well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Contact the Phoenix, AZ air conditioning maintenance technicians at Norris Air Inc.. There are huge benefits to getting regular air conditioning maintenance. Here are a few of them:
- Avoid cooling downtime. By ensuring that any necessary repairs are performed before the weather gets hot, you can avoid uncomfortable situations. If you wait to get your air conditioning system maintained at the peak of the summer heat, you may experience some cooling problems. Everyone else will be trying to get their air conditioning systems repaired which might mean that your contractor won’t be able to service your equipment for some time.
- Improve energy-efficiency. Routine air conditioning maintenance in Phoenix, AZ almost always improves the energy-efficiency of your system. By cleaning or replacing air filters, lubricating any necessary components and replacing any faulty parts, your air conditioning specialist may help you reduce your energy consumption.
- Improve system life. This is probably the greatest advantage of preventive maintenance. Regular inspection, cleaning and repair is one of the most cost-effective ways to make sure your AC system works for as long as it should. While most professionally installed systems practically run themselves, after a few years, they may require maintenance. Staying on top of these duties can make all the difference, and may actually extend the life of your system.
- Peace of mind. This benefit is less quantifiable, but no less important. Preventive inspection and maintenance allows the homeowner preemptively repair any problems ahead of time.
Schedule air conditioning maintenance in Phoenix, AZ with Norris Air Inc.before summer starts. You’ll be glad you did: the comprehensive inspection and cleaning from an expert AC maintenance technician can go a long way.
February 25th, 2013
Although residential and commercial spaces use similar kinds of cooling systems, there can be fundamental differences as well. These differences depend on the size of the workspace, type of AC unit, ventilation and budget for installation and maintenance. A commercial HVAC system lets your business control the climate of your work environment, in order to promote production, to make clients feel comfortable, and to keep sensitive materials in good condition. Whatever the reason, you need the guidance and expert skills of commercial AC repair technician. That’s where Norris Air Inc. comes in. We install, repair and maintain a wide range of commercial AC systems for businesses in the Phoenix area. Call us today.
If your commercial AC is no longer operating as quietly as it once did, or the cool air is not as cold as it once was, then you it may need to be serviced or repaired.
In order to understand some of the special factors involved in repairing your commercial AC, it’s necessary to take a look at some of the major differences between residential and commercial AC systems:
- Size. In general, office and industrial spaces often require greater cooling capacity, especially if the business keeps long hours or requires 24-7 climate-control. Size therefore determines what types of AC units are being used in the space, which helps the repair team know what to look for.
- Rooftop. Depending upon the application, commercial AC units are often placed on the roof of the building in order to be out of the way. The placement of the condenser outdoor unit will often determine the approach of the repair specialist, and will inform him of the duct layout.
- Controls. Depending on the size and the function of the AC, a commercial cooling system may come with a more complex set of controls than with a simple residential unit. It may involve multiple thermostats, zone-control and computer interfaces. More complex systems may be easier to diagnose because so much of the process is computerized, but determining problems in the mechanical systems may be more time-consuming due to the sheer quantity of components.
Don’t let your business heat up this summer. Call a Phoenix commercial AC repair specialist at Norris Air Inc. today.
February 18th, 2013
With high temperatures well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer months, air conditioning your Phoenix, AZ home remains a top priority. Maintaining your AC system during the colder parts of the year is a great way to avoid any costly damages or failures when the heat comes this spring. If your air conditioner is faulty or is not operating efficiently, it may be in need of professional repair. Norris Air can provide your home with cool temperatures this spring and summer. Call us today for more information.
Comprised basically of an evaporator and condenser, indoor and outdoor coils, and a compressor that circulates the refrigerant through your system, your air conditioning system is a pretty complicated device. There are various symptoms of an air conditioner in need of repair:
- Significant and/or sudden drop in cooling performance
- Air conditioner runs continuously without stopping, even when desired temperature is met
- Frequent switching on and off
- Circuit breaker shorts out and/or frequent fuse replacement
- Water leaking or visible frost build-up on the air vents
- Refrigerant leakage.
There are various reasons for these common symptoms: inadequate refrigerant, faulty wiring, damaged fan components, or frozen coils. It is imperative that we accurately assess the problems with your air conditioner before remedying them.
You may also eventually find that your air conditioning system needs be replaced. If this is the case, and you would like to upgrade to a newer and more efficient AC unit, Norris Air is just a phone call away. We offer both a maintenance plan with scheduled tune-ups as well as comprehensive repair and installation, including emergency services. Don’t leave your Phoenix air conditioner repair ‘til the last minute. Call Norris Air today.
February 11th, 2013
When you live in Arizona you know that having a good air conditioning system is a critical part of your home. If you want to be comfortable then you need and AC system that will keep you cool and not cost you an arm and a leg. But with all the use that our air conditioning systems get, what can homeowners do to make sure that their AC system works well for as long as possible and as efficiently as possible. At Norris Air Inc., we offer complete air conditioning maintenance throughout the Phoenix area. We’ve responded to countless calls for air conditioning repairs and thought it would be helpful to put together a few of the reasons that regular AC maintenance can help.
Why Take Care of Your Air Conditioning System
When you live in a desert, keeping cool is a huge priority. But with all the use that your air conditioning system gets, it could should as no surprise that air conditioning repairs can be common in Phoenix. Getting regular maintenance for your AC unit is a great idea because it offers homeowners huge benefits. Here are some of them.
- Reduced repairs – It’s never a fun time when your AC system breaks down during a heat wave. With regular air conditioning maintenance, you can potentially reduce the frequency of costly AC repairs. During regular maintenance visits, our technicians will find small issues and repair them before they cause your AC unit to break down. This is a huge benefit for homeowners that want to keep their homes comfortable.
- Efficiency – While we all want to stay comfortable, we don’t want to have a huge energy bill every month. As part of their regular inspections, our technicians will be able to find any inconsistencies that could be slowing down your AC system. Small issues can have a big impact on how hard your AC system has to work to cool your home. With those things removed it could increase the efficiency of your system.
- Longer life – We often get called for air conditioning repairs in Phoenix where the entire system needs to be replaced because a small issue was allowed to fester. With regular maintenance, those small problems can be resolved before they destroy your whole system.
If you’re interested in setting up regular maintenance for your air conditioning system in Phoenix, call the experts at Norris Air Inc..
February 4th, 2013
Most homeowners can agree that they aim to keep their houses as comfortable as possible throughout the year, no matter what the temperature is like outside. Unfortunately, many homeowners will also admit that the high costs of energy make doing so expensive. At Norris Air, we aim to ensure that every customer in the Phoenix area is able heat and cool their home to their heart’s content without dreading the arrival of the energy bills. The installation of a ductless mini split system can help you heat your home more affordably and more conveniently all at once.
A great benefit of ductless mini split heating and air conditioning systems is their design and how convenient it makes this home comfort option. Ductless mini splits do not require the installation of bulky air ducts in your home to disperse heat and cooled air. This means that if your home does not have existing ductwork or if it is unable to accommodate such a system, you can still enjoy year round comfort.
An outdoor unit is connected directly to individual, wall mounted blowers. All that is needed to bridge the two elements is a simple conduit, requiring just a small hole to be drilled in your home during operation. The wall mounted blowers offer another benefit for your home.
These blowers disperse air directly into the rooms in which they are installed, meaning that with the use of multiple thermostats you can control each independently from the rest. This simple zone control capability allows you to boost energy efficiency by providing more control than ever before over the way in which you heat and cool your home. Never again worry about wasting energy heating empty bedrooms just because you want the guests in the den to be warm. Keep comfortable year round while reducing your energy costs with a ductless mini split system.
For more information about the benefits of ductless heating and air conditioning, call the home comfort experts at Norris Air today. We have the answers to all your questions. Let us help you heat and cool your Phoenix home more efficiently today.
January 30th, 2013
Paula Norris of Norris Air Inc. was at the York Dealer Meeting in Las Vegas. York’s partnership with the NHL and NHL Green programs were discussed and Paula was able to take these great pictures.
Norris Air Inc. provides top quality air conditioning and heating services in Mesa, AZ. Our service area includes Phoenix, Scottsdale and the surrounding areas. If you are looking for a Mesa or Phoenix air conditioning contractor call Norris Air Inc. today!
January 28th, 2013
Do you have questions about the heat pump in your Phoenix area commercial building? At Norris Air, Inc., we can answer your questions and handle all of your commercial heat pump needs. Here are some frequently asked questions about heat pumps to get you started.
Is it time to replace my commercial heat pump?
There are a few indications that it may be time to replace your commercial heat pump system. If you are facing an expensive repair, it may be more cost-effective to replace the system, especially if your heat pump is an older model.
When should I switch to the backup heater?
Unless you have a dual fuel system that switches to the backup heater automatically, you will have to know when to turn on the backup heat. Check the owner’s manual for your model’s specific requirements, but most heat pumps can work efficiently down to zero degrees; however, you can also use the backup heater with the electric heat pump to increase the temperatures in the building.
How often should I change the air filters?
Typically, in any commercial HVAC system, you should change your air filters once a month, or at least check to see if they need to be cleaned or replaced. This is especially true during times of heavy use. Some filters are made to last up to six months, but you should double check your owner’s manual or call your HVAC contractor.
Should I cover the outdoor compressor during the winter?
You should not cover your outdoor compressor for a few reasons. First, commercial heat pumps are designed with sturdy materials that can withstand the elements. Secondly, covering your heat pump will inhibit the airflow. Without proper airflow, your heat pump will not be as effective. Lastly, it may impede access for repairs or maintenance service.
Call the Phoenix heat pump specialists at Norris Air, Inc.. We’ll take care of all your commercial heat pump needs!
January 21st, 2013
Most people think about their thermostat only when they need to turn on their heating or air conditioning system. However, your thermostat can be a very powerful tool if you use it correctly. Not only can it be used to keep you comfortable, it can help you improve the energy efficiency of your home. At Norris Air, we provide complete thermostat installation and thermostat repair services throughout the Phoenix area. We thought it would be helpful if we put together some of the best ways that our customers can use their thermostats to improve the efficiency of their home.
The Benefits of Programmable Thermostats
Programmable thermostats offer homeowners a huge amount of control over your home’s energy consumption. Your heating and air conditioning systems make up a large portion of your utility bill each month. That’s why you should make sure you have as much control over them as possible.
With a programmable thermostat, you can set your heating system to turn off when you leave for work. You can also set it to turn back on 30 minutes before you get home so that your home is comfortable when you get home.
Heat Pump Thermostat
Heat pumps are incredibly efficient heating systems that are gaining popularity with homeowners. However, without a thermostat that is designed to be used with heat pumps, they can actually run less efficiently. Make sure that your thermostat is actually a heat pump thermostat. Additionally, another mistake that many homeowners make is that they continuously run their heat pump with “Emergency Heat” or “back-up heat”. This activates the back-up heating system, usually an electric resistance coil, which should only be used occasionally. If your heat pump is constantly in this mode, call your local contractor to discover alternative solutions to keeping your home warm.
If you need any kind of help with your home’s thermostats, just call Norris Air. We provide complete programmable thermostat installation and repair throughout the Phoenix area. Call us today!
January 14th, 2013
At Norris Air Inc., we get a lot of the same repair service calls for heat pumps in Phoenix. While annual maintenance will help to prevent repairs, there’s always the chance that you could have one of the common problems that we have included in this post. It helps to be aware of these issues and their causes so that you can help prevent equipment failure.
Heat pumps are designed and manufactured to save energy and work efficiently. This is only possible with a proper installation performed by industry professionals. An improper installation will reduce both efficiency and effectiveness. Whether you bought a home with a heat pump, or another contractor performed the initial install, call us to make sure that the system was properly installed.
Having enough airflow for your heat pump will help it keep your heat pump running efficiently, and too little airflow adds more wear and tear on the equipment. During routine maintenance, our technicians will check to make sure there’s enough airflow. We also check the air ducts, fans, and any other part that could be causing a problem.
One of our technicians will know how to repair your heat pump, no matter what the issue may be. For instance, if the heat pump is low on refrigerant or has a refrigerant leak, the technician will know how to properly charge the refrigerant. Having too much or not enough refrigerant can both cause problems with your heat pump.
If the heat pump in your Phoenix home isn’t working properly, call Norris Air Inc.!
January 10th, 2013
Have you heard our ad on 94.5 KOOL FM? Come to booth #892 at the Maricopa County Home & Garden Show and receive a free gift when you mention hearing about us on the radio!
Norris Air Inc. Maricopa County Home & Garden Show