1. Check your thermostat making sure it is in the “AUTO” position. If it is not, move it to “AUTO” and see if your system turns on.
2. Is the thermostat indicating a low battery? If you have a low battery symbol or your screen is blank, replace the batteries to see if that was why your unit was not working.
3. Check your circuit breaker to make sure it has not been tripped.
4. Check your filter. Clean you and replace your air filters if necessary. A dirty air filter can clog the system.
5. Inspect your unit if it is completely off, blowing hot air from your vents or making suspicious noises. When calling for repair it is helpful for the technician to assist you as quickly and efficiently as possible.
6. Turn your unit to the off position and Call Norris Air (480) 269-2214 for emergency service.
7. While the technician is dispatched, use the following tricks to stay cool.
8. Close your blinds and turn off your lights.
9. Avoid using appliances that produce high levels of heat.
10. Do-It-Yourself Air Conditioner: Blow a fan over a metal bowl of ice.